When it comes to our homes, we always try to do our best in order to maintain its well-being. Whenever there is something wrong or broken with any aspect of our homes, as much as possible we get it fixed immediately. This is not just to avoid any further problems involving it, but also because the home is one of the most essential things humans need to survive. Without our homes, where would we live? Where would we sleep?
One part of our homes that is prone to problems and getting broken is the roof. The roof basically covers us and the inside of our homes from anything there is. From the heat of the sun, or the rain whenever there is a storm, the roof is there to protect us all. Because of this, it cannot be avoided that there might be a roof problem in every house. In fact, the roof is one of the most common parts of the house that are prone to getting broken.
The question now is where to get your roof fixed in case it gets broken? There are two common ways to get it fixed, one, is to get it done by professional roofing services, and two, is to do it yourself. Both ways are done easily and it is up to the homeowner to decide ultimately. However, if you are still hesitating whether to get it done professionally or just by yourself, we will provide you the pros and cons of DIY roof replacement and professional roofing replacement.
Over the course of time, a house’s roof deteriorates due to some natural circumstances or any other factor that may cause the welfare of the roof. When this happens, a home owner has the option to change the roof of the house in two ways. These two ways are reroofing and roof replacement.
Roof replacement is a popular way even though it is a bit more expensive than the other option. A roof replacement involves tearing everything off on the roof, from the deck to the other side of the house. After removing everything, it is then replaced with new felt paper and shingles. This method can be done no matter how many layers of shingles your roof has, which is not an easy option if you choose to do the reroofing method. Because it involves a bit more labor than reroofing, it typically costs more.
A homeowner also has the choice to have the roof replacement done professionally or DIY. Whatever the homeowner chooses, both ways are efficient in some parts and lacking in others. The following will provide the pros and cons of both choices.
Pros and Cons of DIY Roof Replacement
- DIY roofing can help you save thousands of dollars as long as you have the right skills, knowledge, and materials to do the job right.
- Because you are doing the job yourself, you are able to schedule the work hours ahead of time, thus not worrying about the hours or disturbing your family during working hours.
- It takes a lot of time and commitment. That is why people tend to hire professional roof contractors because of their efficiency and speed of work. Especially if you work on weekdays, then you only have the weekends to do your job.
- It is really dangerous. A lot of accidents can happen while you are replacing your roof by yourself. If this happens, then you will spend more on hospital bills and such. If you want to avoid this, then it is best to hire a professional roof contractor.
Pros and Cons of Professional Roof Replacement
- Professional roof contractors are efficient when it comes to their job. Since they have been doing this for so long, you are assured that they are doing their job right. When you do it yourself, there is an uncertainty that what you are doing may be wrong or not enough.
- Accidents involving roof replacements are pretty common. If you do it yourself and you are not careful, you risk the danger of falling or hurting yourself in the process. Professional roof replacers are trained and well equipped with the skill to avoid these unforeseeable problems.
- Though highly impossible to happen, some contractors are shady and leave the job undone while also taking your money. Make sure that you spend ample time looking through various roof replacement contractors to be assured.
- Especially during peak season, roof replacement contractors can be hard to find. Finding one can be a problem especially if you really need to get your roof replaced as soon as possible.
There you have it! These are the pros and cons of DIY roof replacement versus professional roof replacement.